Advocate Davida Blackmore
Davida is an experienced litigator and information law specialist. She joined Callington Chambers in 2016, having previously spent 11 years working in the dispute resolution department of a major offshore law firm. She qualified as an advocate of the Royal Court of Jersey in September 2010.
She was "recommended" for Dispute Resolution in the 2014 edition of Legal 500 and for employment law in the 2017 edition.
Davida has particular expertise in data protection and freedom of information issues (contentious and non-contentious). Over the years she has been involved in many of Jersey's reported cases in this area.
She also deals with personal injury disputes (advising both plaintiffs and defendants, including insurers). The combination of her personal injury, employment and mental health experience is invaluable in employment-related psychiatric injury claims.
Davida has appeared in numerous Mental Health Review Tribunals, being an accredited member of The Law Society of Jersey's panel of patient representatives.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising on developments in Jersey law necessitated by the forthcoming implementation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the "GDPR")
- Speaking to leading public bodies at events on the GDPR and associated matters
- Advising on appeals under the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011
- Developing tripartite website terms and conditions for a Jersey online business, taking into account the implications of the Uber and CitySprint decisions
- Advising senior employees on setting up new businesses and the enforceability of restrictive covenants
Being appointed by the Court to advise an individual in respect of an application for a declaration that they lacked the capacity to withhold consent to medical interventionDavida was appointed to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Board in January 2017.
She is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.